Patents - HUCPVC Technologies
- US 7,547,546 (2009). Progenitor cells from Wharton's jelly of human umbilical cord.
- AU 2004210891. Progenitor cells from Wharton's jelly of human umbilical cord.
- WO/2007/128115. Immune privileged and modulatory progenitor cells.
- WO/2007/071048. Viable cells from frozen umbilical cord tissue.
- WO/2004/072273. Progenitor cells from Wharton's jelly of human umbilical cord.
Selected Articles - HUCPVC Technologies
- Emrani H and Davies JE Umbilical Cord Perivascular Cells: A Mesenchymal Cell Source for Treatment of Tendon Injuries. The Open Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Journal. 2011, 4, 112-119.
- Zebardast N, Lickorish D, Davies JE. Human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVC): A mesenchymal cell source for dermal wound healing. Organogenesis. 2010 Oct-Dec;6(4):197-203.
- Sarugaser R, Hanoun L, Keating A, Stanford WL, Davies JE Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Self-Renew and Differentiate According to a Deterministic Hierarchy. PLoS ONE 2009,4(8): e6498. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0006498
- Sarugaser R, Ennis J, Stanford WL, Davies JE. Isolation, Propagation, and Characterization of Human Umbilical Cord Perivascular Cells (HUCPVCs). Methods Mol Biol. 2009;482:269-79.
- Ennis J, Götherström C, Le Blanc K, Davies JE. In vitro immunologic properties of human umbilical cord perivascular cells. Cytotherapy. 2008;10(2):174-81.
- Ennis J, Sarugaser R, Gomez A, Baksh D, Davies JE. Isolation, characterization, and differentiation of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs).Methods Cell Biol. 2008;86:121-36.
- Turner NJ, Jones HS, Davies JE, Canfield AE. Cyclic stretch-induced TGFbeta1/Smad signaling inhibits adipogenesis in umbilical cord progenitor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1147-51.
- Sarugaser R, Lickorish D, Baksh D, Hosseini MM, Davies JE. Human umbilical cord perivascular (HUCPV) cells: a source of mesenchymal progenitors.Stem Cells. 2005 Feb;23(2):220-9.
Patents - OsteoScaf
- WO 2011035428A1 (2011). Porous materials coated with calcium phosphate and methods of fabrication thereof.
- US 7,022,522 (2006). Macroporous polymer scaffold containing calcium phosphate particles.
- US 6,875,442 (2005). Process for growing tissue in a biocompatible macroporous polymer scaffold and products therefrom.
- US 6,472,210 (2002). Polymer scaffold having microporous polymer struts defining interconnected macropores.
- US 6,379,962 (2002). Polymer scaffold having microporous polymer struts defining interconnected macropores.
- EP 1030697B1 (2003). Biodegradable polymer scaffold.
Selected Articles - OsteoScaf
- Kuzyk PR, Schemitsch EH, Davies JE.A biodegradable scaffold for the treatment of a diaphyseal bone defect of the tibia. J Orthop Res. 2010 Apr;28(4):474-80.
- Davies JE, Matta R, Mendes VC and Perri de Carvalho PS. Development, characterization and clinical use of a biodegradable composite scaffold for bone engineering in oro-maxillo-facial surgery. Organogenesis. 2010 July/August/September;6(3):1-6
- Lickorish D, Guan L, Davies JE. A three-phase, fully resorbable, polyester/calcium phosphate scaffold for bone tissue engineering: Evolution of scaffold design. Biomaterials. 2007 Mar;28(8):1495-502
- Guan L, Davies JE. Preparation and characterization of a highly macroporous biodegradable composite tissue engineering scaffold. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2004 Dec 1;71(3):480-7
- Gomi K, Kanazashi M, Lickorish D, Arai T, Davies JE. Bone marrow genesis after subcutaneous delivery of rat osteogenic cell-seeded biodegradable scaffolds into nude mice. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2004 Dec 15;71(4):602-7.
- Karp JM, Sarraf F, Shoichet MS, Davies JE. Fibrin-filled scaffolds for bone-tissue engineering: An in vivo study. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2004 Oct 1;71(1):162-71.
- Lickorish D, Chan J, Song J, Davies JE An in-vivo model to interrogate the transition from acute to chronic inflammation. Eur Cell Mater. 2004 Sep 13;8:12-9.
- Fialkov JA, Holy CE, Shoichet MS, Davies JE. In vivo bone engineering in a rabbit femur. J Craniofac Surg. 2003 May;14(3):324-32.
- Karp JM, Rzeszutek K, Shoichet MS, Davies JE. Fabrication of precise cylindrical three-dimensional tissue engineering scaffolds for in vitro and in vivo bone engineering applications. J Craniofac Surg. 2003 May;14(3):317-23.
- Holy CE, Fialkov JA, Davies JE, Shoichet MS. Use of a biomimetic strategy to engineer bone.J Biomed Mater Res A. 2003 Jun 15;65(4):447-53.
- Karp JM, Shoichet MS, Davies JE. Bone formation on two-dimensional poly(DL-lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) films and three-dimensional PLGA tissue engineering scaffolds in vitro.J Biomed Mater Res A. 2003 Feb 1;64(2):388-96.
- Holy CE, Cheng C, Davies JE, Shoichet MS. Optimizing the sterilization of PLGA scaffolds for use in tissue engineering.Biomaterials. 2001 Jan;22(1):25-31.
- Holy CE, Shoichet MS, Davies JE. Engineering three-dimensional bone tissue in vitro using biodegradable scaffolds: investigating initial cell-seeding density and culture period.J Biomed Mater Res. 2000 Sep 5;51(3):376-82
- Holy CE, Dang SM, Davies JE, Shoichet MS. In vitro degradation of a novel poly(lactide-co-glycolide) 75/25 foam.Biomaterials. 1999 Jul;20(13):1177-85.